Last January 10th, 2017, very early morning, a terrible fire devastated Market 3, one of the slum of the port of Navotas, Manila, where ANAK-Tnk foundation is present through a day-care center for children in the middle of the slum of Market 3.
Our center is ruined.
Our beneficiaries, a part of our staff and more than a thousand of families lost everything…
We remain in the « urgency » phase:
* Families were temporarily relocated to the neighboring and fortunately covered basketball court, while waiting for an alternative solution for accomodation;
* The slum area is still being “cleared up” but a few families were allowed to move back to the site. Some of them are already re-building shanties from wood and metal parts they gathered here and there.
* ANAK-Tnk staff and Community workers on the field 24/7, helping families cope with the situation morally, analyzing their needs, collecting, packing and distributing the much-needed equipments and food.
This is all possible thanks to your overwhelming support, whether it be through donations in kind (which enable us to prepare those much needed packages) or through online donations that will help us rebuild as soon as possible. For all of this, thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
This is just the beginning and those families still need us all, We still need your HELP!
– by donating online (http://en.anak-tnk.org/select-your-living-country)
– by donating in kind if you live in Manila (Cans of food, Sacks of Rice, Blanket, soap)
Thank you for your kind help.